[Az-Geocaching] Crown King Accident

Kyle Hagan listserv@azgeocaching.com
Mon, 14 Oct 2002 19:14:23 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_0022_01C273B5.E7A72180

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Ken=20
  To: listserv@azgeocaching.com=20
  Sent: Monday, October 14, 2002 7:01 PM
  Subject: [Az-Geocaching] Geocaching accident

  We had a trip planned to Crown King this weekend with 4 other =
families. Decided to hit one or two caches on the way up and stopped off =
to do the "B.B." cache. On the way back from a small easy hike from the =
cache site one of our group slipped on some pea gravel on a shallow 3 =
foot incline. She fell to the ground and dislocated her ankle and broke =
it in two places. The group we were with consisted of 1 certified EMT =
and one former EMT and two police officers. We were able provide the =
emergency services ourselves and get her to the hospital within an hour. =
Two hours of surgery and lots of bolts later the ankle was put back =
together. She is expected to be in the hospital for another day and off =
work for 4-6 weeks.

  I'm posting this as a friendly reminder to be careful when out doing =
the remote caches sites. Always let someone know where you are going, =
bring a cell phone, and BE PREPARED for the unexpected. This was not a =
difficult cache and was truly an accident. The remote location of this =
cache could have made it much worse if it was a solo cache hunter.

  Ken
------=_NextPart_000_0022_01C273B5.E7A72180

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
  <DIV=20
black"><B>From:</B>=20
  <A title=3Dkenh199@cox.net href=3D"mailto:kenh199@cox.net">Ken</A> =
</DIV>
title=3Dlistserv@azgeocaching.com=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:listserv@azgeocaching.com">listserv@azgeocaching.com</A> =
</DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> Monday, October 14, 2002 =
7:01=20
  PM</DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> [Az-Geocaching] =
Geocaching=20
  accident</DIV>
  <DIV><BR></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>We had a trip planned to Crown King =
this weekend=20
  with 4 other families. Decided to hit one or two caches on the way up =
and=20
  stopped off to do the "B.B." cache. On the way back from a small=20
  easy&nbsp;hike&nbsp;from the cache site one of our group slipped on =
some pea=20
  gravel on a shallow 3 foot incline. She fell to the ground and =
dislocated her=20
  ankle and broke&nbsp;it in two places. The group we were with =
consisted of 1=20
  certified EMT and one former EMT and two police officers. We were able =
provide=20
  the emergency services ourselves and get her to the hospital within an =
hour.=20
  Two hours of surgery and lots of bolts later the ankle was put back =
together.=20
  She is expected to be in the hospital for another day and off work for =
4-6=20
  weeks.</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I'm posting this as a friendly =
reminder to be=20
  careful when out doing the remote caches sites. Always let someone =
know where=20
  you are going, bring a cell phone,&nbsp;and BE PREPARED for the =
unexpected.=20
  This was not a difficult cache and was truly an accident. The remote =
location=20
  of this cache could have made it much worse if it was a solo cache=20
  hunter.</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial =
size=3D2>Ken</FONT>&nbsp;</DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0022_01C273B5.E7A72180--