[Az-Geocaching] Wizmedic's Wilson TB (was re: anyone goin' geocaching in Tucson?)

Scott Nicol listserv@azgeocaching.com
Fri, 29 Mar 2002 09:51:05 -0800

Howdy All,

OK. I have decided what I am going to do with Wizmedic's Wilson TB!

http://www.geocaching.com/track/track_detail.asp?ID=756

It turns out I have some business tonight in downtown PHX. I have to set up
a KNIX helium balloon at the Suns game and a couple other balloons at the
Hard Rock Cafe down there. This is all from 4-7pm (so, if anyone is going
downtown tonight and wants to meet a fellow geocacher and say hi.. just ask
for me at the KNIX tent (I may or may not be around for while). Just ask for
the 'balloonguy'!).

So, I will have to place the TB early this afternoon.

I am going to put Wizmedic's Wilson TB 'at' the Sacaton South Cache. It will
be available for pickup for any team going to Tucson Saturday morning. It
will actually be available for pickup by early this evening if anyone is
going down tonight. If you havent done this cache yet... it is at the
eastbound rest area on I-10 between Chandler and Casa Grande. Drive thru
cache!

I do want to make sure someone is planning on picking it up though. The
Sacaton South Cache is indeed a Micro cache (as a few on here have confirmed
for me) and it will not fit in the cache. I am going to place it right next
to the cache somehow. It will either be hooked to the actual cache (rubber
banded, I am thinking) or it will be hooked to something right next to the
cache. I will have it protected (although water will not harm it) in a small
plastic bag and it will be hooked to something so it will not accidentally
fall or get moved by the wind or something from wherever it is (I havent
been to that cache yet, so, not sure what I will find).

I WILL NOT be able to log the TB as being in the Sacaton South Cache until I
get home from working tonight. It will probably be around 8:30-9:00pm or so.
I will log it as soon as I get in the house tonight. So, it will be placed,
logged and ready for a cacher to take it away in the morning and continue it
on it's goal!

(again, I have had this bug for awhile now and wanted to get it down to
Tucson to move it an appreciable distance south toward it's goal of Africa.
But, business has kept me from getting down to Tucson, as we want a weekend
of caching down there. So, I am placing it in the Sacaton South rest area
cache so another team going to Tucson for the Geocacher's Picnic can get
it.)

Thanks again for all the help here on the list in moving this Travel Bug
along! He has enjoyed the Phoenix area long enough and wants to get on his
way (he has been in my geocaching backpack since I got him and has visited
every cache I have been at in the past few weeks!).

PS... Cody, that Happy Hour sounded great. But, I will be working tonight.
Let's plan on it sometime soon though! Drinks on me! :)

Thanks!

Scott
Team Ropingthewind

Scott's Adventure Flying Web Page