[Az-Geocaching] New monthly record?

Scott Nicol listserv@azgeocaching.com
Wed, 27 Mar 2002 07:20:07 -0800

Last Month, February 2002, Team Ropingthewind (that's us!) unofficially
broke the record for most AZ cache finds in a month... having found 69
caches during the shortest month of the year (28 days).

Now, I never confirmed that... just by what I saw on Teakwondoman's AZ
records web page. I also went back into the archives a little bit and
couldnt find a month where one team scored more. So, looks like that is
(was) the record.

UNTIL NOW!!!!!!!!

Team Sand Dollar is currently at 79 AZ cache finds for the month of March!
AND the month isn't even over yet! AND he has done this in 27 days!

We were hoping our record would stand a little bit longer anyways! :)

Oh well.

Just thought I would share this with everyone and offer our

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

to Team Sand Dollar for breaking the record for most AZ cache finds in a
month!

That ol' boy just has too much time on his hands! ;) LOL

Seriously, that is quite an accomplishment! We went for our monthly record
by bagging a bunch of caches more in the metro area (can get them faster)
and then going for groupings of caches outside the metro area. Me and my
teammate wore ourselves out that month big time! Team SD has been bagging
caches all over the place. Some, not so easy. So, to break the record in one
day less than we did AND have 10 more finds in that time.. is quite an
accomplishment.

Do I see 100 in a month!?

Congrats again, Loran!
--------------------------
There definetly seems to be alot of activity these days in the AZ geocache
scene... look at the stats and see how many teams are over 30 finds for the
month. That is alot of caching!!! I wonder what is the record for the most
'total caches' found in a month (by all teams combined)? Could this be the
month? Even the 25th ranked team this month has 18 finds.

As for Team Ropingthewind.. dont see any record breaking again in the near
future.. just doing it leisurely now. Each time out now is just a new
adventure, a nice pleasant hike, and enjoying the outdoors! We are now able
to sit at a cache site and enjoy the views instead of running off to find
another one. We now are able to take the side path over that way or over
there to explore more in a given cache area. We enjoyed the first 100 caches
and enjoyed reaching our goals and are very happy to have reached the goals
we set. Those cache finds werent as scenic as the ones to come. Most of the
caches left for us to get now are outside the metro area and off in the
mountains and wilderness areas, etc. So, we are excited about getting to
some of those caches and seeing other parts of AZ we havent yet seen. We
even hope to use our hot air balloon to get to a couple! I even recently got
my Mom, Sister, Nephew and Niece out on a few cache finds! We knew we could
break some records when we first started, as that was when there were alot
to find. Now, they are much farther and few in between for us. We have
reached our goals of breaking a few records and firmly establishing
ourselves on the 'front page teams' and now we are just doing it for total
fun and adventure. We are, however, still looking to hide our first cache.
Know what we want to do and where to put it.. just need everything to come
together to pull it off! :) ;)

Scott
Team Ropingthewind