[Az-Geocaching] Re: EasyGPS and coordinates being off

Bill Burkett listserv@azgeocaching.com
Mon, 25 Mar 2002 20:46:59 -0700

> Is EasyGPS mucking up the coordinates, or is it my GPS?

Karl, Scott may be on to something.  I've never used EasyGPS, but the first
time we took off to find a cache, nothing was where it was supposed to be.
It turned out that my MapSource software and eMap unit weren't using the
same grid format.  That is, MapSource was using hhdd mm.mmm, while my eMap
was using jjdd mm'ss.s".  Or something like that.

The important thing is to make sure they're talking the same language.

> BTW, I still found all the caches :-)

Ain't that a kick in the pants?