[Az-Geocaching] Mapping software question

Jim Scotti az-geocaching@listserv.azgeocaching.com
Sun, 17 Mar 2002 19:10:34 -0700 (MST)

Darren is right.  Unless Delorme's new version of Topo has somehow made this
possible, you have to use Mapsource to upload map data into your Garmin GPSR.
It would be great if other products could do that as well, but they cannot.
The Delorme products are great for use in conjuction with your GPSR to plan
trips and to review your trips once complete (or even en route if you have a
laptop).  Unless things have changed, Garmin has a monopoly on uploading maps
to their products, for better or worse.  I use and recommend both Topo 3.0
and Street Atlas 9.0 by Delorme and hopefully I can upgrade to the latest
version of Topo for relatively cheap (having just gotten my current version
only at x-mas).

Jim.