[Az-Geocaching] question about cache

Baja Fleg az-geocaching@listserv.snaptek.com
Wed, 06 Mar 2002 12:36:42 -0700

Its sort of like a travel bug before there were travel bugs.  Instead of
keeping track of it with the ID number that travel bugs have now this person
has made it into a cache.  With each move the coordinates change to reflect
the cache that its in.  Look up the "Impress Me" cache.  A little bit
different because its a traveling cache but more or less the same.  We found
it in Albuquerque, NM and moved it to Austin TX.  I think its made its way
to Dalls by now.

Michael
Team TJ

----Original Message Follows----
Howdy all,

Call me dumb, but, this cache makes no sense to me!

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=8195

LOCUTUS OF BORG
by CrotalusRex and Canis Rufus (of T.S.M.Ex.T.)

After reading the cache description (none of that Star Wars/Space/Science
Fiction crap seems to make any sense to me), I just cant make much of it. It
sounds like it is a travel bug or something. But, why would it show up as a
cache and not as a travel bug?

This cache also has the same coordinates as the Sign of the Past 2 cache.

Is this a travel bug? If so, then it would appear to me that this 'cache'
could only be had once? If so, shouldnt it be archived?

This has been in my GPS system and Geocaching.com account for way to long
and would like to log a find on it so I can remove it. But, it doesnt appear
like there is anything to find?

Is it possible I have to find this travel bug and that would count as a find
on this cache? If so, then this travel bug is probably not in this cache
anymore and this very 'cache' would then archive and become a new cache with
new coordinates and location, etc.

Thanks in advance for the help and trying to clear this up for me!

Scott
Team Ropingthewind