[Az-Geocaching] changes at geocaching.com

Eric Quinn az-geocaching@listserv.snaptek.com
Tue, 5 Mar 2002 10:09:53 -0800 (PST)

I'm very much of two minds regarding this. Living in
IT myself, I agree that servers do cost quite a bit
and since my specialty if WANs and security, I see
where more money sinks are.

I specifically bought my GPS through the link Jeremy
has to Amazon so he would get the commission on it. I
don't mind paying for something received, I'm just
wondering what "extra features" will appear.

My fear is that he may take some of the standard
features and turn them into premium only ones. Hints
and seeing more than just a few logs are two that I
can think of off the bat.

While I understand why some people would want member
only caches due to theft, we don't have much of a
problem with it here. Most of the missing caches seem
to be from people stumbling across it although I'm
convinced someone with a GPS removed Municipal.

In any case, until I get a job I have no intention of
signing up. Once I have one, I will probably sign up,
just to be able to keep all of the information
available and the site up.

Eric
TD