[Az-Geocaching] changes at geocaching.com

Tim Giron az-geocaching@listserv.snaptek.com
Tue, 5 Mar 2002 12:33:01 -0500

I don't see where they are linking off to that page, yet, but I, for one would sign up in a heartbeat.

The geocaching.com site is, without a doubt, one of the best examples of a professional website. Meaningful content, a clean interface and a fast application.

I would also consider it a prime example of a "killer" app. It has, I would say, taken this sport to its extremely high level of popularity and has enabled those teams with very high stats to achieve that position. Could you imagine having to scour a usenet group to get the same info? Blecch!

I was just wondering last week (based on the fact that another of my favorite websites, www.slashdot.org, is going to subscriptions) when the geocaching site would be doing the same. Without it they would have to have massive advertising encroaching on our experience. Otherwise, their very success would be their downfall as they would bang up against their bandwidth budget in a hurry.

Tim
Team AZFastFeet