[Az-Geocaching] AZ waypoint files.

Brian Cluff az-geocaching@listserv.snaptek.com
Sun, 3 Mar 2002 11:22:26 -0700 (MST)

> What I do is (w/ easyGPS) just delete the ARCHIVED waypoints and the FOUND
> waypoints. The only waypoints going into my GPS are the NOT FOUND waypoints.
> This way, I have had about 300 waypoints going into my GPS. The others are
> just clutter on my GPS map screen I would just as well not have.
>
> Even at the rate I have been caching, I cant seem to get that number under
> 300 though! I got it down to 295 at one point, then it shot up again! I
> think it will eventually become difficult to keep even the NOT FOUND
> waypoints under 500! I guess that is my next goal in caching! To mantain the
> not found caches under 500! ;)

Well, good news for you.  I have been working on a new exporting module
that instead of having completely different files that do almost the same
thing, this one will have export drivers so we can easily make new file
formats in the future.
I curently have it doing exacltly what the old (current) file exporter is
doing, but within a couple of day I hope to have it to a point that will
allow for from fairly fine grained file exporting options. Like requesting
all the waypoints for a area around a certain point within 100 miles that
does not contain archived caches or previously visited caches..etc...etc

Everything will be optional...

Gimme a couple of days and hopefully we can get that up for everyones
enjoyment.

Brian Cluff
Team Snaptek