[Az-Geocaching] Cache question...

Baja Fleg az-geocaching@listserv.snaptek.com
Sat, 02 Mar 2002 10:20:11 -0700

Wow thats good!!  I've seen them off by as much as .2 miles.  The one we
went for was off by about .15 miles.  We ended up using the directions on
the data sheet.  Although most of the roads they mention are either paved
now or gone all together we were able to piece it together close enough to
find it.  Here is a good picture of what these benchmarks typicaly look
like, look in the background Cody....YELLOW Jeep!!!
http://img.groundspeak.com/cache/log/216686_500.JPG
Also as an idividual you can report back to the NGS on the conditions of the
benchmarks you find.  If anyone is interested I'll post the link.

Michael
Team TJ

----Original Message Follows----
 >.  Most of the lower resolution
 > coordinates claim only +/-6 arcsecond resolution, but I've rarely seen
one
 > off by more than about 1 arcsecond on either longitude or latitude, so
the
 > GPSR should get you within eyeball distance of the marker - perhaps 100
feet
 > or so (but of course, some are hard to see under the scrub bushes and so
on).

The one that was near my work showed a difference of 5 feet between my GPSR
and the published coords.

Darren
Team Imperial Eagle

Michael Fleigle