[Az-Geocaching] Cache question...

Baja Fleg az-geocaching@listserv.snaptek.com
Fri, 01 Mar 2002 21:17:14 -0700

Thats funny, we have one in New Mexico also.  Its called New Mexico NGS
Benchmark Recovery
(http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=12355)
It was actually much more challenging then I had thought it would be.  Lots
of things have changed sense the 1940's when most NGS benchmarks were
placed.  We actually plan on looking for another this weekend.  There are
more things you can do with benchmarks besides just finding them.

Michael
Team TJ

----Original Message Follows----
From: "Darren Johnson" <greyseer@earthlink.net>
To: <az-geocaching@listserv.snaptek.com>
Subject: Re: [Az-Geocaching] Cache question...
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2002 17:38:24 -0700

 >>There's another cache out there that you can claim by taking a picture of
a Geodetic >>marker.  Anybody remember which one it is.  I think Wyle
claimed this cache along with >>Tucson's "Bear Down NGS Marker".

 >I think that this is the one that you are looking for.

 >http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=11656

This one is actually very interesting to do.  I looked into this one a week
ago, went to the website they point out for looking up the Geodetic markers,
and one of them came up .1 miles away.  It was pretty intersting.

Team Imperial Eagle