[Az-Geocaching] Cache question...

Jim Scotti az-geocaching@listserv.snaptek.com
Fri, 1 Mar 2002 17:33:40 -0700 (MST)

Hey Cody,
   As the creator of that Bear Down NGS marker virtual cache, you don't have
to take a picture of the NGS marker, just ID it sufficiently to verify you
saw it by reading the text off the marker (don't worry about the outer ring
of text about the fine and stuff).  Don't let that stop you from taking
pictures of it though....  Scott was correct in the webpage, so I won't
repeat it here.  Enjoy your visit down here in the "Old Pueblo"!  There are
quite a few new geocache's down here these days and I'm way behind on getting
out and finding them all.
   BTW, while I've got your attention, I'd love to hear your opinions on the
following geocache idea.  I tried placing the following cache, but the powers
that be decided it wasn't a valid cache and archived it immediately instead
of posting it:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=15874

I was disappointed and argued that it had all the things it needed to be a
valid cache, including a logbook and the possibility of having items
available for trade.  I hope I can convince them of it's validity and
eventually get it posted properly....

Jim.
Team Scotti

On Fri, 1 Mar 2002, Cody Brown wrote:

> What's that cache??
>
> There's another cache out there that you can claim by taking a picture of a
> Geodetic marker.  Anybody remember which one it is.  I think Wyle claimed
> this cache along with Tucson's "Bear Down NGS Marker".
>
> Thanks,
> Cody

Jim Scotti
Lunar & Planetary Laboratory         jscotti@pirl.lpl.arizona.edu