[Az-Geocaching] Unable to log benchmarks

Mike Schwarz listserv@azgeocaching.com
Tue, 25 Jun 2002 11:53:40

I found 2 benchmarks on a recent 5-day trip up north.  I wasn't looking
for them at all; I just walked right over them, and after seeing them,
took a GPS reading.  With the first one, I had just found the cache
Strawberry Knolls Forever, 30 miles east of Cedar City, and saw the
benchmark as I walked south for a better view.

I just tried to log this benchmark last nite, and was unable to do so.
Everytime I clicked on "Log this benchmark", it brought me to the
Geocaching.com login screen, and said I was not logged in.  Even
though I had previously logged in, and the web page for the benchmark
said "Details for Benchmark HO0584  you are logged in." at the top.
I ended up logging in to Geocaching.com 5 times, and the last 2 times,
made sure I clicked the box "Also login to the forums".  I also hit
refresh (F5) on the benchmark's web page a couple times too, prior to
clicking on "Log this benchmark".  It still always led to the
Geocaching.com login screen.

Has anyone else had this problem logging benchmarks?  Are you supposed
to get a separate Geocaching.com account of some sort to log
benchmarks?  Has anyone logged a benchmark successfully in the past
couple days?  Let me know.

Mike
Team Malthusian