[Az-Geocaching] Temp disable

Scott Wood listserv@azgeocaching.com
Sat, 22 Jun 2002 21:29:22 -0700

At 08:16 PM 6/22/2002 -0700, you wrote:

>"...does a real disservice...": Absolutely!  Consider this scenario:  A
>cacher tries to find a cache on the Coronado NF.  They get stopped by the
>Forest Service.  When asked, "Why are you in a closed area?"  How do they
>answer?  If they answer that they were geocaching, then how are the Forest
>Service line officers going to preceive geocaching?

This is why I think it is so important to list the caches in question as
disabled.  It shows a level of responsibility on the part of the cache
owner.  If someone decided to break the rules and actually go after the
cache, it will be purely their fault.  While the managing authority of the
forest might not see it that way, we are doing our part.

Scott
Team My Blue Heaven
www.myblueheaven.com/geocache