[Az-Geocaching] New GPS

Larry Farquhar listserv@azgeocaching.com
Tue, 18 Jun 2002 17:33:28 -0700

I recently was invited to join "www.geogame.com". ZERO caches in
Arizona! It's competitive cache hunting- you earn "points" for your
"ranking". I'll stick with geocaching.com (and of course,
azgeocaching.com).

Larry Farquhar
Team "Wyle E"
www.happy-wanderers.com

-----Original Message-----
From: az-geocaching-admin@listserv.azgeocaching.com
[mailto:az-geocaching-admin@listserv.azgeocaching.com] On Behalf Of
Darren Johnson
Sent: Tuesday, June 18, 2002 5:25 PM
To: listserv@azgeocaching.com
Subject: Re: [Az-Geocaching] New GPS

> Well, I went to the store to buy an Etrex and came home with a Legend.
Now we plan to give
> this a try this weekend.  We are going to do some looking and also
> place a
cache of our own.
> Do we just go to geocaching.com to log the new one and our search
> results,
or is there
> somewhere else?

If you're looking for seeking geocaches, there are two places you can
try. The first, and one that has the most going on, is
www.geocaching.com the other is www.navicache.com

Currently there are over 600 caches logged into the geocaching.com
system, while the navicache.com system has _1_ cache!!!!  (and
interestingly it's a direct copy of the Yellow Jeep Fever cache...even
down to the name..I
wonder, Cody, did you put it there???.).   From that's it should be
pretty
clear which system you need to look at for seeking a cache.

As for placing a cache, and this is only a guideline.  Wait until you're
sought out about 6-10 caches, of varying difficulties and styles.  That
way you'll be better able to judge the difficulty and "appropriateness"
of your own cache.  Now, bear in mind that is just a suggestion, not any
sort of a rule.  After all SOMEONE had to place the first cache, and I'm
pretty sure that they didn't have 10 finds!

But the most important thing to do is to have fun while you're doing
it!!!

See ya in the logs,
Darren
Team Imperial Eagle