[Az-Geocaching] New GPS

Team Tierra Buena listserv@azgeocaching.com
Tue, 18 Jun 2002 17:02:44 -0700

Bill,

Congratulations on succumbing! Assuming that you have created an account
on geocaching.com, all you need to do is go there to log your finds and
your hides. The pages should be fairly self-explanatory.

<soapbox>

Let me urge you, though, to find several (8? 10? 12? More?) caches
before you hide any. This will give you a much better idea of what works
and what doesn't, and what makes a "good" cache. I can't tell you how
many times we've visited caches that were disappointing in some way or
another, and then gone back to look at the profile of the hiders to
learn that they've never recorded a single cache found.

Also remember that if you hide a cache you are assuming a responsibility
to maintain it. After you've found some, you'll know whether or not
you're in this game for the long haul. A cache that has no one looking
after it isn't much different than litter.

</soapbox>

Happy caching, and welcome to our game!

Steve
Team Tierra Buena