[Az-Geocaching] OPEN National Forests

Scott Wood listserv@azgeocaching.com
Fri, 14 Jun 2002 13:49:19 -0700

At 01:15 PM 6/14/2002 +0000, you wrote:
>The monsoon is a pretty dependable phenomenon in Arizona, at
>least at higher elevations (if not in the deserts), and I
>would expect all the National Forests in this state to reopen
>sometime in July.  The exact time depends on when the monsoon
>starts, and whether it starts vigorously or slowly.  It's very
>doubtful any forests will still be closed by August 1.  But
>expect things to remain closed for the next 3-4 weeks.

I have been talking to some of the folks down here in the Coronado National
Forest and it looks like it is going to take just a little more than just
rain to open the forest.

We need to get enough rain to bring the moisture levels in the forest up to
a point to where the danger level no longer exists.  Given how long it has
been since we have had any rain, I suspect that it will be a few weeks into
the monsoons before the Coronado Opens.  I can hardly wait, this is turning
into a very boring summer.

Scott
Team My Blue Heaven
www.myblueheaven.com/geocache