[Az-Geocaching] Anyone Speak Norwegian?

Farquhar, Larry listserv@azgeocaching.com
Fri, 14 Jun 2002 10:45:54 -0700

I, for one, hesitate to articulate for fear that I may deviate from the
proper course of rectitude.

Larry Farquhar
Team "Wyle E"
www.happy-wanderers.com

-----Original Message-----
From: trisha@brasher.com [mailto:trisha@brasher.com]
Sent: Friday, June 14, 2002 10:30 AM
To: listserv@azgeocaching.com
Subject: RE: [Az-Geocaching] Anyone Speak Norwegian?

Being Norwegian-American, I am sad to say that I no longer speak my native
language (ha ha), but I did find a couple things very interesting (and
appropriate?) to us hot-lander cachers:

I thought the use of the word "Teknofreaker" was incredibly accurate. How
many discussions/questions on just this list have been so very advanced and
technical? (not a criticism)

Apparently, the translator used the word "tax" or "taxes" for cache....hmmm
Until they find an appropriate word for "geocaching" in Norwegian, we are
getting really close to "world taxing"....

"An awfully be comfortable chart" is....a topo or other map? OK......guess
that is a good description, as without one, you would be awfully
uncomfortable!

And, last but not least (yup. I actually read thru that
half-translation) I loved the phrase "It is the actual absolutely
absorbing." OK, 'fess up, that describes HOW MANY of the cachers on this
list????? (myself included, altho' my numbers don't reflect the state of my
addiction....in the closet....ha!)

Had fun with this, thanks for posting the link. Makes me want to study
Norwegian.... my heritage.....

Trisha "Lightning"