[Az-Geocaching] Anyone Speak Norwegian?

Fri, 14 Jun 2002 10:29:34 -0700 (PDT)

Being Norwegian-American, I am sad to say that I no longer speak my
native language (ha ha), but I did find a couple things very
interesting (and appropriate?) to us hot-lander cachers:

I thought the use of the word "Teknofreaker" was incredibly accurate.
How many discussions/questions on just this list have been so very
advanced and technical? (not a criticism)

Apparently, the translator used the word "tax" or "taxes" for
cache....hmmm
Until they find an appropriate word for "geocaching" in Norwegian, we
are getting really close to "world taxing"....

"An awfully be comfortable chart" is....a topo or other map?
OK......guess that is a good description, as without one, you would be
awfully uncomfortable!

And, last but not least (yup. I actually read thru that
half-translation) I loved the phrase "It is the actual absolutely
absorbing." OK, 'fess up, that describes HOW MANY of the cachers on
this list????? (myself included, altho' my numbers don't reflect the
state of my addiction....in the closet....ha!)

Had fun with this, thanks for posting the link. Makes me want to study
Norwegian.... my heritage.....

Trisha "Lightning"

On Thu, 13 June 2002, "Team Tierra Buena" wrote