[Az-Geocaching] newby

Scott Wood listserv@azgeocaching.com
Fri, 14 Jun 2002 09:27:02 -0700

At 02:13 AM 6/14/2002 -0700, you wrote:
>Well, I am new to the list and new to the whole geocaching thing.  Any
>recomendations on a GPS
>to get started?  I live in the country, and could plant some caches on
>land not closed for the
>fire season.  Are most of them in remote areas, or are some more
>accessable sites appreciated?

I started with, and am still using a Megallan 315 which I have been very
happy with.  You can find them for right around $100.  I have no experience
with the Garmin models, but many people really like them also.

As for where to put caches, I like both types.  I enjoy a good remote trip,
but it is also fun to find urban caches that you can do after work.

Scott
Team My Blue Heaven
www.myblueheaven.com/geocache