[Az-Geocaching] The death of geocaching

Scott Wood listserv@azgeocaching.com
Thu, 13 Jun 2002 12:46:58 -0700

At 12:29 PM 6/13/2002 -0700, you wrote:

>detached from the tin) in addition to your theory on the smooth surface, is
>that your rare earth magnets are just too strong!  They hold to the surface
>you are attracted to better than the magnet plus the JB Weld holds onto the
>tin itself....

Yeah, I sort of think the same thing.  I am going to experiment a little
with surface prep a little, but I suspect that I will end up going down the
path of using the magnetic tape.  It is sort of a shame since I have a
bunch of the rare earth magnets.  So far, it seems that the magnet on
Cinnamon Stick is still holding.

>BTW, I got off of my duff and put one of my Altoid micros out while running
>errands just before lunch.  Now I only have one altoid tin burning a hole in
>my pocket, ready to be placed....  Of course, I've got a stack of empty
>altoid tins ready to be prepared for geocaching!

Good, that will give me something to do once it is approved.  I hope to
have 1 or 2 more out this weekend myself.

Scott
Team My Blue Heaven
www.myblueheaven.com/geocache