[Az-Geocaching] The death of geocaching

Groover listserv@azgeocaching.com
Thu, 13 Jun 2002 08:07:10 -0700

Scott,

We're planning on also going to Phoenix for an urban caching fest - but I
promise you we have an urban cache for Tucson in the works. Just hard to
find time to work on it right now!

Andy

-----Original Message-----
From: az-geocaching-admin@listserv.azgeocaching.com
[mailto:az-geocaching-admin@listserv.azgeocaching.com]On Behalf Of Scott
Wood
Sent: Wednesday, June 12, 2002 11:30 PM
To: listserv@azgeocaching.com
Subject: [Az-Geocaching] The death of geocaching

There has always been the threads about what will kill geocaching.  I think
I know the answer, even if only for a short period of time, and if only in
the Tucson area.

It would appear that the closure of the Coronado National Forest has pretty
well done it down here.  I have all of the Tucson area caches on my watch
list, and with the exception of Meteor Maniacs coming down and finding a
few caches this last weekend, there has been hardly any activity at all.

I suspect that the heat has something to do with it also, but this is going
to be one boring summer down here in the Tucson area with no access to the
national forest.  Guess I am going to have to drive up to Phoenix and go
after a bunch of the urban caches one of these weekends.

Scott
Team My Blue Heaven
www.myblueheaven.com/geocache