[Az-Geocaching] Travel Bug mystery

Koch, Dan listserv@azgeocaching.com
Wed, 12 Jun 2002 14:01:15 -0700

Something I noticed on this slow listserv day...

Does anyone remember the Lion, the Witch and the...wait, I mean the Lion,
the Elephant, the Zebra and the Monkey travel bugs that were released here
in Phoenix and were to make their way to South Carolina to a wedding?  It
seems that the Monkey turned up missing from San Juan Overlook shortly after
being released on his journey.  The last time he was heard from was on Feb
17.  Then, mysteriously he reappeared in Connecticut on May 6.

On that same log, the cacher 'FEATHERS' (who appears to be one of the more
active cachers in New England) noted that they had gone to a cache to pick
up the 'Sophia Loren' travel bug.  The Sophia bug was already gone, but they
did find 'The Monkey'.  Sophia was never logged as being taken from that
cache.  Now, I see that this 'Sophia Loren' bug has mysteriously shown up
here in Phoenix.

Is there some kind of travel bug underground railroad going on here?  :)
Anyone know of a cacher that went to New England at the end of April?

On a related note, has anyone else noticed that there seems to be some kind
of TB highway between Phoenix and Boston?  I seem to notice that Boston Bugs
show up here quite often.  Two of my four bugs have been found in Boston
(and another is rumored to be headed that way), and have even been with the
same cacher at the same time.  Other local bugs such as CBx2's Luminous
Larry and Wolfb8's Lobo the Duck have also been seen around there.

Dan
Team LazyK