[Az-Geocaching] Chewed out!

C. Sullivan listserv@azgeocaching.com
Sun, 9 Jun 2002 23:42:02 +0000 (GMT)

On Sun, 9 Jun 2002, Melanie Barta wrote:

> New to the lists, been "lurking" for about 2 weeks and learning who's
> here.  We have a problem now and figured you all would be the perfect
> people to help us with it.  We've been making a big push to get to 200
> caches and have been doing some LONG caching days.  We did an eight cache
> day on Thursday and when we got home logged all the finds.  During the
> day we had picked up a travel bug from Valley View cache (GC3B3F), which
> we also logged about 8:00pm that night.  The next morning we found a log
> above ours that was very insulting.  We're very concerned that this will
> reflect poorly on our team.  Should we turn the other cheek  or ask for
> the log to be removed?  Any advise would be must appreciated.

Have you actually looked at this "team's" other logs?  It's fishy, at
best.  For example, their log under "Smile for Sneaky Peak" is
invalid.  Also, their profile is completely inappropriate ("..smoke
weed..") and not indicative of a "real" cacher.

I planned on hitting up Hummingbird this afternoon.. since they allegedly
"logged" this cache on May 22, we should be able to find a log entry in
the cache.  I suspect I won't.

-Fedl