[Az-Geocaching] The problem is often the RATINGS

Eric Quinn listserv@azgeocaching.com
Sat, 8 Jun 2002 03:42:16 -0700 (PDT)

I'll consider going after anything, and my wife is
comfortable with 4s. When we bring the munchkin
though, we don't consider anything anything higher
than a 3, unless others have said it was overrated. If
we get somewhere and it looks like it should have been
rated higher according to the rating system, we turn
back. I won't endanger my daughter for a find. I keep
a small list of the ones we've turned back from, along
with who the hider was. The idea is that if someone
consistently underrates caches, we just won't hunt
them.

I'd like to see a way to rate the caches as well.
"Hider rated this a 3 for terrain, the average terrain
rating by the finders is 3.9". It could work both
ways.

Eric
TD

If  you plan on bringing a young