[Az-Geocaching] RE: Bach Fest II

Farquhar, Larry az-geocaching@listserv.snaptek.com
Tue, 22 Jan 2002 11:11:12 -0700

This "Chain Cache" link was taken care of a couple weeks ago. This link in
the chain has been included as a note on the chain cache log. It became a
freeebie (one less link to look for).

After I made the log entry, I realized I should have just created a new link
at a different cache. Oh well - the chain cache is one link shorter now.

Sorry to hear this cache might be gone.

Larry Farquhar
Team "Wyle E"
www.azjeeper.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Brian Cluff [mailto:brian@snaptek.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 22, 2002 10:07 AM
To: 'Geocaching List Serv'
Subject: Re: [Az-Geocaching] RE: Bach Fest II

> Brian, just to let you know for sure, assuming the cache was hidden in
> the bush that was in the photograph of you all on your website, it is
> not there.  The bush was pretty trampeled too.  Per Stephen's
> prediction last month, I fear it is MIA.   Jason, I'm sure the
> permanence of the marriage is in no way related to the permanence of
> the cache!

The bush was actually fairly trampled when we hid the cache.  We probably
should have picked a better spot, but it was pitch black outside and we
really couldn't find a better place that was close by and be sure that we
have permission. There might be a chance that Steve, the manager of the
restaurant, might have had the cache "turned it" as lost and found, but I'm
not going to hold my breath.  We probably need to go out there and check it
out... How disappointing.  We'll have to restore the cache no matter what,
so that it can't possibly affect his marriage :)  Plus that chunk of the
chain cache probably needs to be restored as well.

> BTW, has anyone eaten at the restaurant at this cache site?  Is it any
> good?  It looked like it had a fair amount of patronage...

The restaurant is excellent.  It is an all you can eat place, but not a
buffet.   It's got some of the best ribs in town.  They are so tender that
you can usually just poke the bones out of the meat with your finger and
then just eat pure meat without much trouble.

Brian Cluff
Team Snaptek