[Az-Geocaching] Ideas for Courage

Stephen Drake az-geocaching@listserv.snaptek.com
Fri, 18 Jan 2002 19:45:00 -0700

I placed Courage in the Cholla Forest cache at 9:30 AM today.  I gave
directions and information on the hike in the Hiding Courage cache.

As long as Courage is staying in the Pheonix area (50 mile radius =
83,000 square miles...  Hey, I did the Math Cache today!), I thought of
a few things that may help this cache successfully reach NYC.

(1) Someone take it to Tucson.  (Ok, I hope I have you laughing now!)

(2) I added $5 to it.  I suspect that others may also.  It's probably
not good to send Courage on if a lot of cash is filling it up.  If you
get Courage and there's more than $30 in cash inside and you have the
time, take the cash to your credit union or bank and get a cashiers
check in that amount to go in the cache.  A cashiers check is a little
more secure against theft.  It'll also help the contents to remain a
little more organized.

(3) Ken's initial cashiers check and the $5 bill I added are loose in
the plastic bag.  As everyone who touches it will look at the contents,
there's a great likelihood that the cashiers check(s) will get bent,
folded and slowly mutilated.  If Courage makes it into your hands and
you have the opportunity, some sort of money wallet could be added to
protect the cashiers check(s) from mutilation.

I thought of these after I left Courage at Cholla Forest.

I've copied KenH on this listserv message since he told me via email
that he doesn't subscribe to it.  Perhaps these suggestions can be
considered for inclusion into Courage's description.

-srdrake