[Az-Geocaching] Info needed on 100 finds..

Jim Scotti az-geocaching@listserv.snaptek.com
Thu, 17 Jan 2002 14:39:18 -0700 (MST)

Yeah, I was looking things over the other day too.  Most of my cache finds
are on the west side of Tucson thus far & I haven't yet made a run for the
caches on the east side of town and the northeast.  I was thinking I could
get all the Mt. Lemmon caches in one swoop, but I thought more about it and
figure I should wait until maybe March or April for the snow to melt.  I bet
the Tucson Top cache and maybe a few others would be hindered by recent
snowfall....  Many (maybe half?) of the Tucson area caches are also hidden
behind fee areas like Mt. Lemmon, the Catalina State Park and now even Madera
Canyon.

What are others experiences with snow and caches?  My one experience was
positive, but the cache (the Thompson Cache near Show Low) is both on a well
traveled trail (even in mid winter, following the trail was trivial with
plenty of tracks along it) and it is hidden above ground so not likely to be
buried in snow.

Jim.
pirlwww.lpl.arizona.edu/~jscotti/geocache.html

> I am thinking that I have about the same projection as you do.  I have been
> giving this some real thought and I do believe that a Tucson cacher will
> have to make some trips to Phoenix if they want to get to 100 any time
> soon.  There just aren't enough caches in a concentration down here to
> allow you to find 5 or 6 in a day.
>
> We have tried a couple time to go out and find 4 or 5 in one day, but with
> all the time driving it makes it pretty tough to get more than 3.  Mt.
> Lemmon might be the exception.
>

> In liberty,
>
> Scott
>
> wood@myblueheaven.com