[Az-Geocaching] Re: Info needed on 100 finds..

Cody Brown az-geocaching@listserv.snaptek.com
Thu, 17 Jan 2002 10:28:30 -0700

This would be the 100th cache found.  I have your 100th cache find listed as
1/15/02.  Team TJ actually found their 100th cache in New Mexico.  I'm going
off the cache logs when a team actually announces that this cache is #100.
No big deal, just a little something that I'm putting together.

Thanks,
Cody

-----Original Message-----
From: srdrake@srpnet.com [mailto:srdrake@srpnet.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 17, 2002 10:19 AM
To: az-geocaching@listserv.snaptek.com
Subject: [Az-Geocaching] Re: Info needed on 100 finds..

Cody,
    There needs to be a clarification on what you're classifying as the
100th find.  Are you looking for the date of the 100th overall find or the
100th find in Arizona?
    I went through the list of caches using the Snaptek stats to determine
the date of each team's 100th find in Arizona.  His stats only show Arizona
cache finds.  The dates of these 100th Arizona finds can be found in the
timeline on the quick webpage I set up:
http://www.geocities.com/taekwondoman2002/geocaching.html
    The dates I put of teams' 100th Arizona finds are only as accurate as my
ability to count and the accuracy of the stats on the Snaptek pages.  There
is the possibility that I counted to the 100th finds for some teams at a
time that the Snaptek pages had an incomplete crawl of data.  I could have
errors, but I feel confident that I have the correct date of each team's
100th Arizona find.
    I know of no way to determine when each team achieved its 100th overall
find other than (1) asking the person or (2) finding a cache log where the
team announces that it's their 100th cache.

For me:

100th overall cache found:  January 15, 2002  (Alborg's Cache or whatever
it's called). 100th cache found in Arizona:  I'm only sitting at 76 at the
moment.  I hope to reach this within the next 2 weeks.

-srdrake