[Az-Geocaching] A suggestion about Courage's instructions

Team Cache-Quest az-geocaching@listserv.snaptek.com
Thu, 17 Jan 2002 08:12:55 -0700

Stephen:

I haven't seen Courage so I don't know what 'luggage' he carries, but here
is something to think about.

If Courage doesn't already have a sturdy tag attached to him that has his
special instructions on it, you might want to attach one before you pass him
on.

When I created the special Wyle E traveler I didn't do this.  My
instructions on the web site said he was to stay in Arizona.  However, since
those instructions weren't attached to the traveler, someone picked him up
in Tucson and he ended up in South Dakota before the person saw the web
site.

I've picked up travelers in the past with all kinds of special instructions.
Many times the instructions have gotten wet and are almost unreadable.  Now
when I create a traveler with special instructions, I print them on some
business card paper and have it laminated into a luggage tag that I attach
to the traveler with the travel bug.  You can go to any Staples to have a
business card laminated into a luggage tag for about a $1.  What else can
you get for a $1 besides a phone call?

Keep on caching,
Jerry
Team Cache-Quest