[Az-Geocaching] Courage

Larry Farquhar az-geocaching@listserv.snaptek.com
Wed, 16 Jan 2002 18:20:51 -0700

Mike;

When I had Courage, I thought about contacting you and mailing him to you.
But I was aware mailing is taboo for travellers. Maybe he'll make into your
area soon. :-)

Larry Farquhar
Team "Wyle E"
www.azjeeper.com

-----Original Message-----
From: az-geocaching-admin@listserv.snaptek.com
[mailto:az-geocaching-admin@listserv.snaptek.com]On Behalf Of Baja Fleg
Sent: Wednesday, January 16, 2002 11:39 AM
To: az-geocaching@listserv.snaptek.com
Subject: Re: [Az-Geocaching] Courage (Thanks)

How about Albuquerque, NM??  Is that far enough east?

Michael

----Original Message Follows----
Thanks for your input.  I'm going to hold onto Courage a few more days at
least to attempt to find someone who has an upcoming trip east.  I'm
checking with people I know who aren't geocachers who could be recruited to
aid with the movement east.

I'll email the originators of this cache and see what their opinion is of me
mailing it to my father to be placed in a cache.  If they say it's ok, then
I'll go ahead and mail it (regardless of Libby's effervescent and always
positive comment concerning it being against the rules).

One of the stated rules for Courage is that it must be always moving east.
I found it in a cache that is already on the easternmost parts of Phoenix.
To move it even slightly more east would (a) be really difficult for me and
my near-term schedule and (b) put it in a cache that is probably much less
frequently visited than the normal Phoenix ones.

I'm ignoring the rule that says the traveller must be placed within 24 hours
because it is not realistic and probably hurts moving this cache east.  I
intend to hold Courage for a week max.  If all attempts fail at moving it
significantly east, I'll just place it in an easy cache in the Phoenix area.
Given the wide diversity of people who geocache and subscribe to this
listserv, there's likely someone with a near-term trip to the east.  Phoenix
is an island.

-srdrake