[Az-Geocaching] Re: Archived cache

Stephen Drake az-geocaching@listserv.snaptek.com
Mon, 14 Jan 2002 21:51:33 -0700

It's not that easy.  I get emails from people telling me that such and
such a clue is missing.  Can I check it for them?  Then I get emails
from people who have driven 200+ miles looking for the next clue and let
me know their frustration and it's my fault.  I get complaining emails
from people who say it's not fair for those not living in the southeast
valley.  Then people say the very short and level-terrain walk is too
difficult and I misled them in the description.  Then people find other
reasons to complain.  Then people trash the cache in detail in their log
without having the respect to email me directly with their concerns.

The Mad World cache according to some who look for it is a mean and
cruel experiment.  People are expecting me to run around maintaining it
on a daily basis.  Some people can't understand that I gave it a 5
rating for difficulty so therefore it's supposed to be hard.

I will not place any more multi-caches.  There are too many people who
don't want to think and want every cache they do to be a quick one to
find with minimal effort.  To expect someone to actually think and spend
some time figuring it out is a foreign idea to some.  I was getting
criticism for it before even I placed the first clue (thanks Libby).
>From now on I'll place caches that I can basically forget about after
placing them.

Anyway, I've been told that the clues are starting to rub off or fade
and I know the cache was in a place that has a moderate risk to
disappear.  The clues and cache need some work to make it more
permanent.  And I want the ammo box to place a new cache this weekend in
the Superstitions to commemorate my 100th cache find.  (I'm at 99 now.)