[Az-Geocaching] Re: Phoenix area caches

Jim Stamm az-geocaching@listserv.snaptek.com
Thu, 10 Jan 2002 10:52:59 -0700

Scott Wood wrote on 1/10/02 9:13 AM :

>I grew up around poison oak and have a surprisingly high tolerance for
>it.  Guess I am lucky in that regard.  Even with that, we will be taking
>things very carefully while out there.  You are right about it when the
>leaves fall though.

It doesn't work that way!

Everyone is born with some degree of tolerance, or immunity to these
chemical "reactions."  With repeated exposure, this tolerance will
decrease, until the body develops a defensive reaction - which results in
the rash, etc.  Some people only need one exposure to get the body to
react.  Others require many, but it's not infinite.

-Jim

* Please notice that I have changed my e-mail address to:
  JimStamm@Mac.com