[Az-Geocaching] Doing a cache before it's a cache

Stephen Drake az-geocaching@listserv.snaptek.com
Sun, 06 Jan 2002 18:39:01 -0700

On December 19th I entered a virtual cache for Humprhey's Peak, the
highest point in Arizona.  Someone today entered a log on it for doing
it last summer.  Question:  Is it right to enter a log on a virtual
cache for doing it before it was a cache?  I'm at about 99% sure I
should delete the log and email the person and explain the cache needs
to be done after it's a cache.

To do virtual caches before they're caches is a bit ridiculous.  There
are at least 3 virtual caches I've located around the country that I've
done but before they were caches (before there was geocaching).

Your viewpoint is welcome, although I may delete the log regardless of
your viewpoints.  Try to change my opinion if I'm wrong.

-srdrake