[Az-Geocaching] Buster or Bust

Jim Stamm az-geocaching@listserv.snaptek.com
Sun, 6 Jan 2002 10:54:24 -0700

After trying no less than 8 approaches to the Buster Cache site, I've
found one way that is considerably easier than the others.  After your
Bronco Butte conquest, I can't say that this cache will be very
challenging.  It is only a little over 2 miles long, with a climb of less
than 1500 feet.  However, bushwhacking will increase the effort.

Bushwhacking is essential too, because there are no trails to this site.
I asked the rangers at Catalina State Park about the best approach, and
they told me that there was none.  "Buster is where the old rancher had a
still, and he used horses or mules to get there, trying not to leave any
trails."

However, there are some remnants of a trail, plus some game trails that
make my "best passage" considerably better than the others.  The catch is
that you won't know this "best passage" until you reach the cache.  I
will include in the cache, some maps of my chosen route.  If you reach
the cache after a lot of cussing, and getting all cut up from cactus,
rocks, and mountain lion attacks, at least you will know that there is a
better way back down.  If it turns out that you took the best way up to
begin with, you may congratulate yourselves at the cache.

Now to get a stash ready, and get back up there to cache it....

-Nemo's Stashers
JimStamm@Mac.com

-Jim

* Please notice that I have changed my e-mail address to:
  JimStamm@Mac.com