[Az-Geocaching] Unwritten Rules

Larry Farquhar az-geocaching@listserv.snaptek.com
Wed, 2 Jan 2002 20:18:52 -0700

I agree. Travel bugs are their "own" traveling cache. Pretty soon we'll be
driving across the state just to collect a travel bug we've never had...
not this team! We'll take it if there's one in the cache, but I can't see
myself going to a cache with getting a traveler as the main reason.

Larry Farquhar
Team "Wyle E"
www.azjeeper.com

-----Original Message-----
From: az-geocaching-admin@listserv.snaptek.com
[mailto:az-geocaching-admin@listserv.snaptek.com]On Behalf Of Brian
Cluff
Sent: Wednesday, January 02, 2002 3:54 PM
To: 'az-geocaching@listserv.snaptek.com'
Subject: Re: [Az-Geocaching] Unwritten Rules

> Here's my question:  Would you consider it politic to visit
> a cache more than once for items that are desired?  For
> example, a travel bug, or a certain tool, etc.  It seems to me
> that more or less if a bug or other item is in a location that
> has already been visited, that the cacher waits until it is moved
> to a location not yet found by said cacher.   BUT...I could just
> be looking in the wrong place, as we've all done.

Well, the way I understand it, a travel bug in kind of a cache of it's own
that just happens to be inside of another cache.  If you haven't "done"
the cache bug before, I don't see why you shouldn't do liberate it from
it's holding place if there is some reason that you want that particular
bug.
Now if you've had the bug before it might be nice to leave it for someone
that hasn't carted that particular bug around yet.

They are kinda their own thing, so I would guess that it's a play it by
ear type of thing.

(We don't have stats on them YET :)

Brian Cluff
Team Snaptek