[Az-Geocaching] Congratulations...

Brian Cluff az-geocaching@listserv.snaptek.com
Wed, 2 Jan 2002 17:13:54 -0700 (MST)

> But, I feel kinda bad that I'll get to the '100' mark before placing
> my own cache... This is very bad for my Cache-Karma. I'll probably be
> opening my 100th, and the top of the ammo container will slam shut on
> my finger, severing it, forcing me to rename myself, 'n4/c-1'...
>
> Hmm. I'd better place one soon.. (said while noticing dark clouds
> swirling above).. :)

Just in case you haven't figured it out (it's fairly obvious), the cache
karma is just a 1:20 ratio, so you would have to hide 4 to break even.
The first 20 are a given, since you can't really expect someone to hide a
cache right away just to get a positive karma.

Ive been thinking about have a user setable karma so that you can quickly
see if you are living up to your own standards, and not just ours , but I
have no way of telling if a team is really who they say they are, so there
probably won't be anything like that anytime soon, since I would have to
do something like ask for your geocaching.com password then then check to
see if it successfully logs you in, but then I would end up with everyones
password that chooses to participate and thats information I don't want.
I really wouldn't want the possibility of any fingers pointed at Team
Snaptek if anything ever get screwed up on the official site.  I suppose
that I could make a cache on the official site and have some sort of
unique code key that you could put into a found entry, and so all teams
that get an account on the snaptek site and have the correct code key put
in will be properly authenticated....  that might be cool!

Brian Cluff
Team Snaptek