[Az-Geocaching] GeoCaching/Mountain Biking

Bob Renner az-geocaching@listserv.snaptek.com
Wed, 2 Jan 2002 13:40:30 -0800 (PST)

Michael,

The Cone Mountain cache is located in the area NE of
Pima Rd. and Dynamite Blvd.  It is a prime mountain
biking area.  The cache is located off the Dare-a-Sara
trail.  You need a map to see the trail names since
they aren't marked with signs.

There are also some in South Mountain Park, however
those aren't right next to a trail.

Where is the Dam Cache is located in the North
Mountain Preserve.  Most of it is accessible with a
bike, but the last part is not.

In the Shadow of the Pyramid is also accessible with
a bike, once you figure out where it's located in the
state.

Miner's Spirit can also be done on a bike, although
there are some spots that my son hated on his.  You
just have to stay out of the wash and keep on the
"trail".

It's a Mushroom is also a good one to go to on a bike.
You can get fairly close, and the last little bit is
off bike.  It's isolated enough that you can leave
your bike on the trail and not worry about it.

Bob

=====
.