[Az-Geocaching] A funny thought

az-geocaching@listserv.snaptek.com az-geocaching@listserv.snaptek.com
Wed, 2 Jan 2002 11:48:31 -0700

As Offtrail and I went up Table Mesa yesterday, we looked like 2 hiking
geeks.  Both playing with our GPSs the entire way.  Watching as we went from
0.32 to 0.31 to 0.30 miles from the cache.  In reality, only one GPS was
needed and we could basically see where we needed to hike to without the
constant need to be playing with the GPS.

I imagine initial assault to Bronco Butte was the same way, except there
were 4 guys fiddling with GPSs the entire time.

I wonder...   Is a GPS just a reason to do some hiking or is hiking a reason
to go play with a GPS?

...just pondering life's biggest questions.

-srdrake