[Az-Geocaching] Happy New Year!!! First Post!!!

Brian Cluff az-geocaching@listserv.snaptek.com
Tue, 1 Jan 2002 20:12:05 -0700 (MST)

> Not to dampen your New Year achievement, but is there a Y2002 bug in your
> stats page? Everything shows up as archived, wrong dates (year), and more. I
> wanted to go see what cache you found right after midnight. Or maybe it's
> just doing some maintenance right now?

Short Version:
All Fixed :)

Long Version:

Well, I got to dive into part of the code that I had never seen before....
Jason's go out and get the stuff of the official site code.  Anyway, what
it boiled down to is the way Jeremy displays dates on the cache pages
which is, if it was logged in the year that we are in don't display the
year, otherwise, display it.
Since the way the site currently works is to grab all the live pages and
update from scratch every time when it got to the archived ones it parsed
them as usual, but since they were all pulled last year they weren't
showing the year for any of the dates, so the code assumed the current
year and wrote everything as 2002.
...so with a Y2ANY bug in place I decided to get around to writing the
"Craw pages that you have to be logged in for" code.... so now we can be
up to date with people logging archived caches (I don't know why this
happens as often as it does), and get rid of the "out of state" cache stat
being wrong.
I'll probably only have it update the archived ones every few days though,
so we arent beating up the official site grabbing caches that arent
changing.

Brian Cluff
Team Snaptek