[Az-Geocaching] To Baja Fleg

Cheryl Brown az-geocaching@listserv.snaptek.com
Tue, 01 Jan 2002 02:46:07 +0000

<P>I have to add my 2 cents in.&nbsp;&nbsp; If the stats really bother you then go back in and either delete your logs or note them... I dont think the software can just single Team TJ out.&nbsp; It sounds like you don't like geocaching anymore anyway.&nbsp; So just be content with knowing you found a cache and don't log it.&nbsp; I think Team sanddollar had choosen to do this.&nbsp; This whole thing is getting old.</P>
<P>Team CBX2<BR><BR></P></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;From: srdrake@srpnet.com
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Reply-To: az-geocaching@listserv.snaptek.com
<DIV></DIV>&gt;To: <AZ-GEOCACHING@LISTSERV.SNAPTEK.COM>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Subject: [Az-Geocaching] To Baja Fleg
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2001 11:36:10 -0700
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;If you don't want your cache visits showing up as stats, then enter all your
<DIV></DIV>&gt;logs as note logs rather than found it logs.
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;If you don't want your cache visits to be known about by others because the
<DIV></DIV>&gt;information is too private, then don't voluntarily enter logs when you find
<DIV></DIV>&gt;caches. No one requires logs to be entered when finding a cache. It's
<DIV></DIV>&gt;voluntary. In fact, there are many geocachers who don't log their visits on
<DIV></DIV>&gt;the website. Sometime when you're at a cache, look at the number of people
<DIV></DIV>&gt;who have visited the cache. Later look at how many people posted successful
<DIV></DIV>&gt;logs.
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Frankly, I don't know which team you are of the 500+ that show up in the
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Snaptek list. And really, I don't care which team you are. And, whether or
<DIV></DIV>&gt;not you find a cache or not doesn't enter into whether I enjoy the hobby or
<DIV></DIV>&gt;not.
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;If the statistics on the Snaptek site are ruining your enjoyment for the
<DIV></DIV>&gt;hobby, then I wonder how strong your enjoyment was in the hobby before you
<DIV></DIV>&gt;saw the Snaptek statistics.
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Sorry everyone. I'm just tired of the dead horse that Baja Fleg continues
<DIV></DIV>&gt;to beat and whine about.
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;-srdrake
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Az-Geocaching mailing list
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Az-Geocaching@listserv.snaptek.com