[Az-Geocaching] Re: Can't find as info

Tim Giron az-geocaching@listserv.snaptek.com
Mon, 25 Feb 2002 11:32:35 -0500

I agree with Scott that there seems to be a discrepancy for how people choose to log.  For us, a trek (for which we use the definition of time spent out of the car and attempting to reach the coordinates) ends in either a found or a not found (and a found for a traditional cache means obtaining posession and logging in, not just seeing the container).

Take "Chandler Mini" for example. We didn't find it until the 4th try (the middle 2 attempts can only be attributed to hubris related to thinking we had solved the clues).

Does it bug me that our found percentage fell below 80%. Of course, but that just means we have to be more resistant to giving up too quick in the future (and we now carry a flashlight in case we run out of daylight just as we get there). I'd rather have accurate stats than artificially inflated good stats (don't get me wrong, I'd actually like to have accurate good stats, but that will hopefully occur as we get better at this sport).

We have to make sure the girls have a potty break before any long walk attempts, too!

Tim
Team AZFastFeet

BTW, we finally placed our first cache yesterday. It should show up on the site in the next couple of days.