[Az-Geocaching] RE: Another member of the 100 club

Bell, Robert az-geocaching@listserv.snaptek.com
Mon, 18 Feb 2002 16:23:48 -0700

Hey, thanks everyone for the Kudos!  100 caches is a definite
milestone for us.  Today we made the second part, which was
finding our 100th cache in AZ.  Trail Gypsy, you are too
right, it is an addiction!  Pretty much anyone on the front
team page and several others are definitely infected.  I don't
know what the cure is, or even if I'd want it.

A little reflection on what I've learned over the past 5 months:

LAMENTATIONS OF A GEOCACHER
My top 10 GC lessons I have learned

10) If you see a road/trail, take it.
9) If you don't see a road/trail, you probably missed it.
8) Whatever you see in the distance where you think the
   cache is, it's twice as far.
7) You may never know why someone chose this particular
   spot for a cache.
6) Arizona GCs have a strange affinity for coyotes.
5) Wyle E doesn't get mad.  But he does get even.
4) If you see someone in the desert with a gps and a piece
   of paper acting suspicious, ask them what team they are.
   Then they'll quit acting suspicous.
3) The second hundred is already harder than the first hundred.
2) If you wait long enough, SOMEONE will find the cache, no
   matter where it is.

	and my number one rule of geocaching.....

1) Mountain caches are ALWAYS on the top!!

    You Arizona GCs are some of the best people I've met, even
    the ones I only know through email.  A closeknit and fun
    group, as evidenced by the emails here and the way everyone
    groups together (e.g WOTP).  Thanks for all the fun; we look
    forward to next hundred!

Rob
Team CHUMP