[Az-Geocaching] Trash in Tonto

Scott Wood az-geocaching@listserv.snaptek.com
Mon, 18 Feb 2002 15:40:31 -0700

At 03:16 PM 2/18/2002 -0700, you wrote:

>I think it's a great idea... and I say that we just start cleaning with
>the hope that he get fined.  If they are actually fineing people for
>cleaning up the forrest I was to get the fine in hand and go down to the

I don't know what the situation in Tonto is, but it sounds like there are
already some volunteers in the area cleaning.  I do know that it is pretty
much up to the district ranger as to what they allow in the forests.  I
still think it would be a great idea to have a clean up.  Makes geocachers
look good and might help the forest service understand the sport a little.

I do think that the problems with the FS down here in Pima county are
something of the exception and not the rule.

>Sounds to me like it's a case of people cleaning up the forrest and the
>govt not being able to charge money anymore. LAME!

Since they started charging for access to Mt. Lemmon they have also imposed
the fee in Sabino Canyon and Madera Canyon.  There is also a lot of talk
now about extending the fee to the ENTIRE Coronado National Forest.  Of
course they can't setup toll booths like they have on the way to Mt. Lemmon
but they will have it so that there would be a fine if you get caught
parking without the pass.

In liberty,

Scott

wood@myblueheaven.com