[Az-Geocaching] REI

Darren Johnson az-geocaching@listserv.snaptek.com
Thu, 14 Feb 2002 00:54:16 -0700

I attended the GPS seminar on Tuesday, mostly in the hopes of meeting some
of the other cachers here on the list.  Unfortunatly, I never saw the
message about the West of the Pecos meeting in time, otherwise I would have
known that most of the people would have been there (and would have went
there instead). Ce la vie.(sp)  I did have a chance to meet Ken aka
Highpointer, and had a great chat with him.  Did anyone else manage to make
it, and we just missed meeting?

On another note.   The gentleman who is in charge of the seminars over at
REI would be very interested in getting someone to host a few Geocaching
seminars.  He and I talked for a time and I was told that they are
constantly fielding questions about it.  The people at REI who know someting
about geocaching have only been doing it for a short time so he wants
someone with a good deal of experience to run the seminars.  I have no idea
if they pay, but I would think that shouldn't matter.  I told him that there
are some very qualified people on this list who I think would do a fine job.

The gentleman's name is Paul Reinshagen and his e-mail is preinsh@rei.com
and is VERY interested in having somebody contact him.

Darren Johnson
Team Imperial Eagle