[Az-Geocaching] Re: Purchase of Magellan Platinum GPS receiver

Pat Thompson listserv@azgeocaching.com
Mon, 30 Dec 2002 10:28:57 -0700

Its almost a happy new year and team Seeking is looking to upgrade its
GPS receiver. We currently have a sporttark map, and It has been
outstanding. But now we want to upload more detailed data, topo maps
etc., and are looking to acquire a Magellan Platinum system. I have
called Wide World of Maps and discovered that they don't carry the
Magellan product. Sports Authority doesn't have the product in stock.
Radio Shack has it, but doesn't carry the software or accessory cards.
We live on the West side near Arrowhead Ranch, and I am looking for a
dealer who might be willing to offer a package deal. Does anyone have
any ideas about where to locate a Magellan vendor on this side of town.

I know that I could find an upgraded Garmin at Wide World of Maps, but I
have been so impressed with the quality of the Magellan that I don't
want to switch brands, but I am willing to listen to information which
would justify and support a switch. Thanks for any help that you might
be able to offer.

Team Seeking
Pat & Jan Thompson