[Az-Geocaching] Look ma, no hands!

Brian Cluff listserv@azgeocaching.com
Tue, 17 Dec 2002 23:13:11 -0700

On Tuesday 17 December 2002 06:44 pm, Bell, Robert wrote:
> Brian, something for the list serv home page...
>
> I found my Christmas present!  The worlds first GPS watch:

http://www.casio-europe.com/euro/wat/collections/protrek/lineup/satellite_navi/

If thats the GPS that came out a couple years ago... it seems like a great
idea at first thought, but if you read the battery life and other specs on
it, it's actually a rather lame product.  It only has a battery life of about
an hour, but I guess since you can only have 10 waypoints, thats not exactly
too little, because your batteries will die before you can find that many
caches :)

I would be interested in knowing if they have improved it at all.  It would be
nice to have a GPS all the time that updates more often than once a minute or
so, without chewing up your batteries.

Brian Cluff
Team Snaptek