[Az-Geocaching] Re: Mileage?

Joe Brekke listserv@azgeocaching.com
Tue, 10 Dec 2002 17:31:25 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_003C_01C2A071.F6B375A0

    Team Sprockets Chasing the Goose
    =20
    I have heard is the longest,  though I am looking at the Mission =
Almost Impossible as a long drive as well

  How many miles would you guess?

  I didn't keep track of the mileage but since I'm one of only 2 to do =
it, The 1st leg is about 10 miles from my house then I would say from =
start to finish it is about 20 miles...also, I got tripped up on a stage =
and had to come back into town and go back out, so I would say I put on =
at least 60 - 70 miles doing this one....and it could be more!...I would =
say my experience would be like most others...there are A LOT of stages =
to this one, and they are hidden well...more than likely if you go after =
this one you will be tripped up at a stage and have to tackle it another =
day...it's a great cache challenge and worth the time and driving...plus =
I was the last to find it, and it's been more than a month now and the =
Travel Bug I put into it wants to move.

  I bought my current SUV in May and have put ~13500 miles on it since =
then...I drive 50 miles RT to work, that accounts for 7500 miles, there =
are a couple of trips in there to Payson...but I cached up there so =
really I guess it should be included, so I've probably put around 5000 =
or so miles on the vehicle caching....jees, and I thought this activity =
didn't cost anything after the GPSr purchase...$30 for a Membership =
doesn't seem like that much now!...:)

------=_NextPart_000_003C_01C2A071.F6B375A0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px"><FONT=20
  face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT><BR>
  <BLOCKQUOTE class=3Dcite cite type=3D"cite"><FONT face=3Darial =
size=3D2>Team=20
    Sprockets Chasing the Goose</FONT><BR>&nbsp;<BR><FONT face=3Darial =
size=3D2>I=20
    have heard is the longest,&nbsp; though I am looking at the Mission =
Almost=20
    Impossible as a long drive as well</FONT></BLOCKQUOTE>
  <DIV><BR>How many miles would you guess?<BR><BR><BR><FONT face=3DArial =
size=3D2>I=20
  didn't keep track of the mileage but since I'm one of only 2 to do it, =
The 1st=20
  leg is about 10 miles from my house then I would say from start to =
finish it=20
  is about 20 miles...also, I got tripped up on a stage and had to come =
back=20
  into town and go back out, so I would say I put on at least 60 - 70 =
miles=20
  doing this one....and it could be more!...I would say my experience =
would be=20
  like most others...there are A LOT of stages to this one, and they are =
hidden=20
  well...more than likely if you go after this one you will be tripped =
up at a=20
  stage and have to tackle it another day...it's a great cache challenge =
and=20
  worth the time and driving...plus I was the last to find it, and it's =
been=20
  more than a month now and the Travel Bug I put into it wants to=20
  move.</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I bought my current SUV in May and =
have put=20
  ~13500 miles on it since then...I drive 50 miles RT to work, that =
accounts for=20
  7500 miles, there are a couple of trips in there to Payson...but I =
cached up=20
  there so really I guess it should be included, so I've probably put =
around=20
  5000 or so miles on the vehicle caching....jees, and I thought this =
activity=20
  didn't cost anything after the GPSr purchase...$30 for a Membership =
doesn't=20
  seem like that much now!...:)</FONT></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_003C_01C2A071.F6B375A0--