[Az-Geocaching] Re: Az-Geocaching digest, Vol 1 #815 - 6 msgs

Fri, 6 Dec 2002 15:04:15 EST

--part1_99.30dd7eb9.2b225cbf_boundary

In a message dated 12/6/2002 12:23:06 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
az-geocaching-request@listserv.azgeocaching.com writes:

> I seriously doubt that there is anyone running around stealing caches by
> finding looking for them.  If they were, they would be dissappearing a lot
> faster.

It does happen. Our Kaibab lake cache was hidden in an ammo can. Someone
stole the ammo can, but replaced it with a tupperware. This seems like a
person who planned in advance on stealing an ammo box. We are just glad they
put a tupperware there instead, rather than dumping everything on the ground.
 I don't think this person found our cache accidently.

Jean
roadrunners

--part1_99.30dd7eb9.2b225cbf_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><BODY BGCOLOR="#ffffff"><FONT  style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">In a message dated 12/6/2002 12:23:06 PM US Mountain Standard Time, az-geocaching-request@listserv.azgeocaching.com writes:<BR>
<BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE style="BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">I seriously doubt that there is anyone running around stealing caches by finding looking for them.&nbsp; If they were, they would be dissappearing a lot <BR>
faster.<BR>
</BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
It does happen. Our Kaibab lake cache was hidden in an ammo can. Someone stole the ammo can, but replaced it with a tupperware. This seems like a person who planned in advance on stealing an ammo box. We are just glad they put a tupperware there instead, rather than dumping everything on the ground.&nbsp; I don't think this person found our cache accidently.<BR>
<BR>
Jean<BR>
roadrunners<BR>
<BR>