[Az-Geocaching] Top 5 fav caches?

Tue, 27 Aug 2002 13:11:24 EDT

OK, I finally narrowed my list to my top 5 overall favorite caches as of
right now.  It was harder than I expected, but it was fun to go thru the list
and remember old adventures.  Without further ado, here is my top 5.

#5:  In Plain View.  Now gone I believe, one of the slyest cache's I've seen.
 I had to look twice before I realize where it was.

#4:  Happy Jacks Are Wild.  Great location.  The view is incredible and the
hike to get to the cache is definitely interesting.

#3:  Freestone Follies.  Tried this one on a day when everyone and there
brother was there.  Thought I had it narrowed down to the right spot, but
when I returned I figured out where it really was.

#2:  The Meadow.  Another cache that is no longer.  One of the neatest areas
I had been to looking for a cache.  Came to this one on my very first caching
trip ever when my uncle was showing me the game.  We even claimed it first!
Went back after it came up missing and was shocked at the devastation that
the loggers had caused.  I'm still thinking it's under all the rocks up
there, that it just got buried.  Maybe I'll take a metal detector and go look
sometime....

And my #1:  Peak-n-Easy.  This was my first official first find.  My uncle
and I went after this one shortly after I got my GPS.  He and I did it night
caching which was probably a big mistake. lol  I was watching his flashlight
as we were looking for the second step when I saw it drop and I heard him
slip.  After his fall, and a couple of bruises we found it no problem.  What
a trip.

Hope to hear some of your favorites!

Chris
Cache-meifucan